Tuesday 17 July 2012

Warm Rocket, Roast Vegetable and Fetta Salad


I felt like something warm and yummy today for lunch, and healthy too. My daughter and I made this Warm Rocket, Roast Vegetable and Fetta Salad and it is absolutely delicious.  I could quite happily eat this for every meal I think. If you enjoy meat you could also add some chicken tenderloins or grilled lamb and serve it as a side dish. I love it on it's own.

Warm Rocket, Roast Vegetable and Fetta Salad

Ingredients
Assortment of root vegetables (or any veggies you love - I also add zucchini and eggplant if I have it)
Rocket
Fetta
Olive Oil
Sticky or aged balsamic

Peel and cut your veggies into medium sized pieces. Place on baking paper in a roasting dish or a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for about 40 minutes in the oven on 180 degrees. Get a large handful of rocket leaves and place in a large salad bowl (I picked mine from the garden). Crumble fetta into the bowl and then add your roast veggies. I had potato, parsnip, carrots, sweet potato and zucchini (courgette) in the house so that's what I went with. Beetroot is also yummy. Drizzle a little balsamic over the top and give it a gentle mix then serve. OMG!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...