Sunday 1 July 2012

Real Living Master Class Inspiration

This week I'll be heading off to The School of Real Living Colour Master Class in the city which I am looking forward to. It is being put on by Real Living Magazine with guests from the International School of Colour + Design. We have been told to bring some inspiration and I have decided that my focus of the night will be our bedroom. We currently have a lot of timber furniture in the room and it's feeling a little dark for my liking so I am wanting to freshen things up a bit. We eventually want to get built-ins and a new bed so I thought I'd start with a few key pieces that I want to keep in the room to draw my inspiration from, add some fresh paint and go from there.


Ok, so for my inspiration I am going with a painting and a dresser. My husband commissioned this painting for me by one of my favourite artists, Georgina Hart, as a surprise for my birthday a few years ago, and the antique dresser below we bought while on our honeymoon in Tasmania. As the common theme in both pieces is the green, I am thinking lots of white with pops of green. I am keen to steer clear of browns and beige. Hmmm lots to think about. Hoping to learn a lot on Thursday night, so watch this space.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...