Friday 20 July 2012

Before and After... TV Unit

A long while ago I told you about how I was going to paint our television unit. I did it then and there, but it has taken me all this time to put up the before and after shots... mainly because our lounge room is always untidy with toys everywhere and it was never the right time to take them. Well today I have made the time, not that there is actually much of the lounge room in these photos... I zoomed in. I am so happy with the result. The timber before was too yellow and didn't match the other timber pieces in the room. Now it just blends in. We've had friends even compliment us on our 'new' cabinet, and I've then proudly confessed, it's not new, just a paint job. With pretty handles.

BEFORE



AFTER


I bought the door knobs from a gorgeous little French inspired shop in town. I think I am about the only person I know who doesn't have a plasma... still got the trusty Toshiba... I can't justify buying a new television when this one works just fine (man I sound like my mum!). Plus it gets covered in little finger prints at the moment anyway.
Hope you have a great weekend. We are off collecting wood on Sunday. Should be fun. I get to catch up with my Auntie, Uncle and cousins that I haven't seen in a while, so looking forward to it. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...