Thursday 29 March 2012

Sweet Peas


Time to plant your sweet peas! Well in South Australia anyway, although I am sure it would be the same in most parts of the Southern Hemisphere with a similar climate. I already have some seedlings sprouting from where I had mine planted last year. My Mum has traditionally planted her sweet peas on St Patrick's Day, March 17, however when my brother died we vowed to plant them on his birthday every year. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared enough for that this year as I returned home from Sydney on the same day, but there is no time like the present. I just got off the phone from a friend who has ordered some navy blue sweet pea seeds on eBay. Who knew they even existed. I am intrigued and inspired now, so tonight I will be soaking my seeds to plant in the morning, and longing for the fragrant posies to grace my lounge room and dinner table in the spring.
Image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...