Wednesday 25 January 2012

Tea time... Spicy Indian Cauliflower


Ok, so my husband has made it his year long goal to cook more with cauliflower and cabbage... I have no idea why, but he is a strange cat and most of the time I just go along for the ride. If you have ever had a cauliflower in your fridge and were not craving cheese sauce smothered all over it, or cauliflower soup... I am yet to have a nice one... then have I got the recipe for you.

Spicy Indian Cauliflower
Ingredients
1 Cauliflower
Peanut Oil
2 tablespoons of cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of mustard seeds
1 tablespoon of chilli powder or dried chillies
1 tablespoon of ground turmeric
A pinch of salt
Greek yoghurt to serve

Break up the cauliflower florets. Heat peanut oil in pan, then add cumin seeds and stir for about a minute. Add mustard seeds, stir again until they start to pop. Add chilli powder, turmeric and salt and then the cauliflower florets, making sure they are covered in the spices. Place lid on frypan until florets are tender, stirring every few minutes so they don't burn. Serve with lots of Greek yoghurt. If you are not a fan of cauliflower, this may just bring you around. Seconds please!
By the way, if you have any delicious cauliflower or cabbage recipes to pass on to my husband, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...